Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 28 July 2009

Just a couple of $3.40 games tonight...

BR up to 80.82. One winner and two third place finishes. Felt I played pretty well tonight, although when I was getting near the end of the games and decisions were coming thick and fast I lost some aggression when 3 handed so potentially cost myself some prize money. Nevermind! Play in these slower games is pretty straight forward. There are good players here, but plenty of fish too. Basically by playing sensible poker it seems quite easy to cash.
1/ play lots of big pot hands early on for cheap and hope to hit
2/ in the middle zone start stealing from the tightest players and play strong hands hard preflop against loose players
3/ pound the tight players who don't want to bubble
4/ play aggressive three or four handed as most players don't adjust and play as loosely as you're supposed to.
Will carry on in these games and hope the good form continues. PS I set myself an earlier goal of playing a few hundred DoN tournaments; well, I actually enjoy these more currently so that's why I've switched. If I get a bad run of results I may move back over but until then these are my hunting ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment