Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 22 July 2009

Loose calling in BB

Not too many mistakes this afternoon but a recurring problem is calling with too wide a range in the BB. The table pops up, I see some juicy pot odds and call with any two. I'll customise the SNGWiz quiz feature to focus on this which seems to be my weakest area currently. Still seem to be winning quite a few tournaments though as there's still plenty of weak players. Must improve! BR = $73.95

Another note, I've recently taken to playing at all times with the chat turned off. Players are quick to call names at these stakes especially when they see you pushing and calling with weak hands. It's better for my game if I don't hear it, even though I know that I'm usually right. Never have been good at taking an earful, it just tilts me. If I ever reach the point where my sharkscope graph converges to an even upward curve and i've made some proper money, well maybe I'll turn it back on. Until then, "talk to the hand, Hellmuth wannabe".

No comments:

Post a Comment