Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 17 August 2009

Awesome passage of play...

Had a great evening. Won 33.71 - could have been more if I hadn't run a big bluff on a double paired board and been called by a low pocket lol. Feel I'm at the top of my game currently, and also getting some good cards too which obv helps. So, FT bankroll is now 386.81. I run a database program called poker tracker which logs my results so that I can plug leaks in my game. Over the last ten thousand hands (cash) I've won nearly 200 dollars at a win rate of $2 per hundred hands. Most of that was at micro stakes though. If I can sustain that win rate in these current games - and providing I continue to practice good table selection I should do - I'll be earning as much as I do in my day job. Crazy to think that. Note: I play four tables at once if you spotted that the maths doesn't add up. Am definitely convinced that I'm correct to reraise with 22 - 66 now. These hands have low EV despite all the set miners out there. They lose the most equity those times they showdown against better sets. So 77 - TT are much better calling hands since they gain equity those times the low pockets hit undersets and also have showdown value as I mentioned before. Essentially you are semi - bluffing with the low pairs. Like you might do with a flopped draw. If you're called and then c - bet succesfully it more than makes up for the times when you run into an overset. Plus these low pockets are hardly ever good after the flop without a set. As for reraising with other hands I'm trying to pick spots where my image is such that I think it has a good chance of success and tbh the cards don't really matter. I think many players are aggressive to the point where they spew EV. Just do it enough so that you are believable... That's all that's required. Finally here's a hand history that proves I'm getting good cards. I'll just post the text as I don't think anyone actually reads this blog anyway lol! It won't stop me posting - it helps me to think about my game.
Full Tilt Poker Game #14090423110: Table Letter (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:44:41 ET - 2009/08/17
Seat 1: nioubie ($9.72)
Seat 2: TUZALI ($20.37)
Seat 3: slapbet23 ($25)
Seat 4: BPSmith1984 ($20.76)
Seat 5: B4nko ($25)
Seat 6: bfrdtjustice ($14.77)
bfrdtjustice posts the small blind of $0.10
nioubie posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to B4nko [5d 4d]
TUZALI folds
slapbet23 folds
BPSmith1984 folds
BPSmith1984 stands up
B4nko has 15 seconds left to act
B4nko raises to $0.85
bfrdtjustice calls $0.75
nioubie folds
*** FLOP *** [6d As 8d]
bfrdtjustice checks
nioubie stands up
B4nko has 15 seconds left to act
csigusz77 stands up
Raskolhnikov adds $25
keisariq adds $25
B4nko checks
*** TURN *** [6d As 8d] [7d]
bfrdtjustice bets $1
B4nko calls $1
*** RIVER *** [6d As 8d 7d] [Kc]
bfrdtjustice checks
B4nko bets $3
bfrdtjustice calls $3
*** SHOW DOWN ***
B4nko shows [5d 4d] a straight flush, Eight high
bfrdtjustice mucks
B4nko wins the pot ($9.46) with a straight flush, Eight high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $9.95 | Rake $0.49
Board: [6d As 8d 7d Kc]
Seat 1: nioubie (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: TUZALI didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: slapbet23 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: BPSmith1984 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: B4nko (button) showed [5d 4d] and won ($9.46) with a straight flush, Eight high
Seat 6: bfrdtjustice (small blind) mucked [Qc Ad] - a pair of Aces

No comments:

Post a Comment