Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 15 August 2009

New Style for Me!

In the last few months I've been playing pretty passively (only calling) after someone has raised before me. I was also only reraising with the very top of my range. My play must be pretty predictable. Well I had a mini epiphany this morning. What if I reraise the best and the worst of my calling range to loosen up my image? Say 22 - 66, lower suited connectors and obv AQ+, JJ+ while calling with higher suited connectors say T8s+ and mid pairs 77 - TT? This feels pretty balanced to me. Not only does this loosen my image, it is feasible that you could make better hands fold by doing this. EG 77 may fold to a 22 reraise. Then I studied a video by a hyper loose aggressive player where he advocates reraising the paints (any two face cards) due to a property known as card removal. Briefly if you hold KQo, say, then that leaves less kings and queens in the deck - cards that make up many of the hands that these players will four bet with - giving the three bet more probability of success. But now that narrows my calling range down to the mid pairs. I guess this is ok since these will always have some showdown value on dry boards, and if we have position we can control pot size. Anyway I took this style into full tilt ring games this morning with good results. I quickly became the table bully and got paid when I hit a couple of sets. On one hand I played pretty poorly by shoving the turn against a loose opponent with overs and a gutshot straight draw but he'd hit a set on the turn so goodbye stack. Think this was bad play tbh but never the less I still finished the session about four bucks up. Will continue to play in this hyper aggressive style and let you know how it goes! Good luck at the tables
PS for those interested in statistics I played approx 20% of hands and raised about 18% (includes both open raises and three bets) and c - bet every flop checked to me.
Also for a while I will be playing full tilt as I have bonus to clear. This may mean I move up stakes to clear it more quickly but I'll post all that here. My FT bankroll is currently 59 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment