Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 20 August 2009

Playing poorly

Had an atrocious hour or so, a couple of buy - ins lost down to 350 again. Just didn't play very well. Might post a couple of HH here. It doesn't help at this time of day play seems much better. Instead of choosing the low variance route and playing two barrel poker - which I've been quite good at recently, I was not slowing down when I needed to. Made a pretty bad decision with an overpair of TT so maybe that hand tilted me somewhat... Then ran a bluff on a board it was unlikely to work on. Could have saved 15 bucks on a river where I bluffed with no fold equity. On the same hand I ran a reasonable play on the flop but then over played the turn and river. Could prob have got away losing $20 bucks less. This is a valuable lesson... While it's great being able to accumulate chips and win them - knowing when it's better to save them is also critical. A saved bet is as good as a made bet. Over the next few days I'm really going to slow down bluff wise. Two barrels only from now on - this is exploitable I know but I need to get some discipline back into my play. Solid values and making moves only at the right times. Let's see if we can pull ourselves around. Going to take a break now. Will see if my head is better later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment