Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 13 August 2009

Why the sudden cash rush?

BR $125.89. Slow steady growth currently from the cash games. TBH they've distracted me from my goal of improving my tournament play. I need to return to that at some point but I feel I'm obliterating the other players in these games so it's hard to move away... So many play a hit to win style (tight passive) that pot after pot can be bluffed and solid value got from made hands. Until I get some bad luck I'll prob stick at this as it seems to be getting me 5 bucks a night at the minute. About my continuation betting that I talked about in a previous post... I've gone back to betting every single flop (after I've been the preflop raiser and I'm checked to). I don't think this is the best, I feel that something around 70/75% of flops is best but never the less it's great for my image as these players just don't know what to do. Any play that freaks people into playing less than optimally must be good so I think I'll carry on until I think it's a significant leak at more expensive stakes. If I'm ever played back at I think I'm becoming good enough now that I can figure out where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment