Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 10 September 2009

Hmmmmmmmph.

Right, br down to 380 after recent 1000 hands. Not sure about my play at the moment. Basically, like I said previously, I really need to judiciously bluff a little more. Now, I usually continuation bet, but my overall aggression frequency hovers around half the time. We hit the flop about a third of the time so your fit or folders would play approximately a third of flops. So half doesn't sound unreasonable to me if you include a little bluffing. But I seem to be losing too much to the 'red - line' - in otherwords my winnings without showdown is negative. This means that I must win more money at showdown to compensate. My stats seem a little passive but I'm being very harsh I think. Tonight the hands I lost money on were... I called after an opponent played a weird line for stacks and he had AK against my AQ. Another hand I 3-bet a button raiser, again with AQ and got flatted. C-bet a blank flop and then got the money in on the turn when villain hit straight when a queen came. So here his call with suited connectors is ok if he thinks he can bluff me alot of the time - prob true as I play too much of a 'fof' mentality in 3-bet pots. So ok, the last big pot I lost was when I ran into top set with my middle set on the flop. Sigh. Still, can't moan too much as only $10 down on bankroll. Not sure where to take my game... Still, in experience terms I've only got a few tens of thousand hands in experience so maybe I just need to playplayplay and those ideal spots will become easier to find... Must also remember that we can't win every session. It may be that I'm not getting great cards at the moment so I think I need to carry on playing solidly in my current mould and should I be breaking even after another 20k hands or so then try and alter my strategy then. Plus I really think the PStars games are softer... Once this bonus and pay to play deal is up I should probably think about moving back over.

No comments:

Post a Comment