Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 25 September 2009

September summary.


I have won $44 this month; approx $108 from showdown winnings subtract $64 from the non showdown losses. I am convinced that it's possible to do much better than that from the non showdown 'red line' - even as much as break - even or better at these stakes so I have more work to do, obv. Today I completed the take two promotion so Full Tilt will pay me $50 in a few days and the bankroll will then hover around $500. I have learned a considerable amount this month, including how aggressive we need to be in 3-bet pots to make money. Also the discovery of programs like pokerazor and the small stakes e-book helped alot. My study on hand ranges has helped me to play better preflop also. My goals for next month are:
1 Improve the red-line by increasing 3-bet range to around 15% and learning to win 50-60% of 3-bet pots post flop if a loose opponent calls in LP
2 Finish reading SSNLHE
3 Learn to FOLD decent hands against passive player aggression on the river. THEY HAVE THE NUTS, AGAIN.
Been an enjoyable month, and now I'm off on hols for a week but will be ready for more game when I'm back. Good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment