Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 17 September 2009

Simulation - previous hand histories analysed (see prev. post)

The brilliant free application pokerazor can be used to run simulations and find whether certain betting lines are profitable or not. I analysed the two hands from the last post. I put the relevant hand ranges from the data I had into the program along with the way the hands played out. As long as my opponent c-bets alot and we are aggressive in these 3-bet pots it is profitable to play my hands this way. We have to be certain though that these players are going to c-bet most flops in a 3-bet pot. We also need to be certain that there are a bunch of non-pair hands in the range. There should be in most cases. It is still hard to say for certain if this is a good way to play the hands since both players did not c-bet every single flop. If they are being selective then the problem becomes trickier and my play potentially unprofitable. I think as a measure of safety I should narrow my range of hands for making this move. Say {QQ+, AK} or against a liberal reraiser {JJ+, AQs+, AKo}. I may be losing a little equity but at least I won't suffer as much variance. The moves I made, to be fair, are a high variance line with much that needs to be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment