Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 14 September 2009

Tough times....

Down to 425 again. Games felt really tough tonight. I'm convinced the games over at poker stars are easier to beat in terms of stealing equity. What I mean is that you can pound on those players and win alot of small pots. On FTilt it becomes a game of chicken where the most aggressive - smart - players win the money. I've been studying my winnings graph for the last 20k hands(generated by poker tracker database software). There was growth over at stars during the first 10k hands. When I moved over to FTilt to get the promotion money my graph flattened suggesting I'd either become a poorer player or that I was not strong enough to beat the new games. Recently as my non showdown winnings have increased I've noticed a slight upward movement again. Tonight I actually won about $10 without showdown which is great. Unfortunately I ran kings into aces and got it in with a draw without hitting outs so my showdown winnings cancelled this out. So I guess, when sitting at a table I must figure out immediately if I'm likely to have good steal or showdown equity or even both. One of the tables I played there was a good tag to my left who outplayed me two or three times. Clearly I had little steal equity against this player since he owned the better position against me at the table. So strategy dictates I tighten up and play purely for value - or leave and find better hunting ground, which I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment