Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 22 October 2009

20/4

The 20/4 rule
No, this isn't some statistic about my game you'll be sad to hear but a rule that I read about at www.flopturnriver.com. Basically, over 20k hands you should beat a game at better than 4PTBB/100 before considering moving up in stakes. Over roughly that sample during the summer I was not beating the micro games for that much which is disappointing. But I kind of know where my leaks are and I'm currently working on fixing them. The long and short of it... I'll stay at deep stacked 0.05/0.10 until I can achieve this win rate before moving up to the deep stacked 0.1/0.2. Aspects of my game that need improving include bet sizing and hand reading. Once I'm at the higher limit and bankroll permitting I'll use this same guideline before moving into the more - serious stakes at 0.25/0.50 and higher where I'll hopefully be able to supplement my regular income with a tidy poker side income.

No comments:

Post a Comment