Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 11 October 2009

ok... some newz

well I hadn't intended to post again today but felt compelled to do so since my play and the reaction of the table to my play seemed to radically change to what I'm used to. Basically I decided that any flop that I c-bet I was going to follow up (hit/miss) with a bet on the turn. I was seriously suprised at how often players would call a flop bet then give up when the second barrel went in. And as a result of this increased aggression, I found that often I was getting played back at when I actually had a hand. So I guess the old argument "exchange small mistakes for big ones" holds true. I didn't end the session in profit unfortunately, I slow played aces against a couple of short stackers and got setstacked. The credit for this change in strategy goes to Alvin Lau - a cardrunner pro - who gave some stats in a video that showed me that my turn aggression was WAY too low. I need to be careful that I don't become exploitable though. Anyway, it's enjoyable changing styles. Never sure what might happen... I'm happy if I spew a few hundred quid if it helps me to become a better player.

No comments:

Post a Comment