Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 6 November 2009

The Danger of One Dimensional Thinking (TDOODT... umm)

I'm going to play a few thousand hands more before Christmas but I'm feeling like experimenting. Basically, the way that most hands are played are done so for a good reason... Pot control, value, implied odds, fold equity etc etc. Alot of regs practise this style (succesfully) but are basically pretty robotic one dimensional grinders. Did you ever notice how very little flop c-bets are 3-bet? This is because most hands fall into one pair hands which like calling over raising. How about turn check raises? River check raises? I'm not saying these lines are better than the calling ones... But with a little time spent with pokerazor I'm going to have some fun and play around with these uncommon betting patterns and see how I get on. I have a feeling bet sizing is going to be very important (it's amazing how the equities change very quickly to just a small change in a bet size). It could be that I spew some money and I'll know from first hand experience why no idiot in their right mind would do these things. Or, there's a small chance I'll find a significant edge in certain rare situations and I'll have one over on the regs because they've never even thought to try the play. We'll see how things go...

No comments:

Post a Comment