Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 27 November 2009

Good Evening

played three games just now, all three players were exploitable but I didn't play spectacularly well, I made two errors by running bluffs that didn't really represent anything and got called by the best hand; I made a semi loose call with a gutshot royal flush draw after Villain shoved giving me 1.4:1 and bricked. Another game I managed to correctly read V for a draw and slow played top pair to get the chips in but lost to the rivered flush. This last game, I played a pretty aggressive preflop player and decided to flat the button with KK and on a safish board the money went in he had AA :( that was pretty gross as that's pretty much top of his range given the board we had. Never mind. Recently I've posted about various bankrolling approaches, but it's pretty foolish since I might be a losing player... Based on this evenings play where I made a few mistakes I think I need to play a few hundred of these to get some idea of my winrate before I start with one of these strategies. So for now I'm just going to play one table at a time; concentrate on 1/ hand ranges 2/ timing tells 3/ making plays on boards where Villain might believe me... lol. After a couple hundred games I'll have a better idea where I am. Despite all this - and who knows I might only be a break even player :( - I'm absolutely loving the post flop play. It really is where the fun lies. Even if I eventually move back to 6 max, when I do I'll be so much better for this experience.
Challenge up to Christmas
I'll try and play 100 husngs at $10 between now and christmas. I'll analyse the big pots afterwards and see where I think my game is.
Full Tilt Rakeback Update
I never heard anything from the first site I tried, but the nice people at rakebacknation.com are checking my account to see if I can get it. Every finger is crossed. Although their games are tough, they often do promotions that would make it very worthwhile to play there. With rakeback on top of that it would be money in the pocket.
Simple Decision Tree
I'm going on, I know; I just had an idea to use a simple decision tree so that I'm never making goofy plays. In other words so that I'm always thinking about whether I have showdown equity, steal equity and other things that might help me make the best decision available. Hmmm I'll think about this. The goal would be to make this process second nature while I play. At the moment I kind of stumble about and sometimes make plays and think - oh hold on that was crap because... - learning this process would help eliminate those mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment