Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 12 November 2009

HU SNG games

These games are really quite enjoyable when you get going. I'm just playing one table at a time - it will take time and practise as well as study to play more tables - and really thinking through hand ranges and stuff. I still fuck up though as this next hand shows. Still, whenever you can flop quads to dig yourself out a hole it's a good "skill" to have. I don't know how I called getting roughly evens here. This player was limping so many hands on the button, a limp shove has got to be the near nuts right? I just called to gamble basically which is BAD POKER.
Stage #1993452570 Tourney ID 4820288 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit 10 - 2009-11-12 20:10:05 (ET)
Table: 32571448 (Real Money) Seat #6 is the dealer
Seat 4 - BATTERED_SOD (1,670 in chips)
Seat 6 - DWEB03 (1,330 in chips)
DWEB03 - Posts small blind 5
BATTERED_SOD - Posts big blind 10
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to BATTERED_SOD [9h 9c]
DWEB03 - Calls 5
BATTERED_SOD - Raises 30 to 40
DWEB03 - All-In(Raise) 1,320 to 1,330
BATTERED_SOD - Calls 1,290
*** FLOP *** [3d 9d 9s]
*** TURN *** [3d 9d 9s] [Qc]
*** RIVER *** [3d 9d 9s Qc] [8s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BATTERED_SOD - Shows [9h 9c] (Four of a kind, nines)
DWEB03 - Shows [Ks Kc] (Two Pair, kings and nines)
BATTERED_SOD Collects 2,660 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot(2,660)
Board [3d 9d 9s Qc 8s]
Seat 4: BATTERED_SOD (big blind) won Total (2,660) HI:(2,660) with Four of a kind, nines [9h 9c - B:9s,P:9h,B:9d,P:9c,B:Qc]
Seat 6: DWEB03 (dealer) (small blind) HI:lost with Two Pair, kings and nines [Ks Kc - P:Ks,P:Kc,B:9s,B:9d,B:Qc]

Effective stacks are so important, that's one thing that intrigues me. None of the players so far (except one sharkscope silver star player I'm trying to avoid) have adjusted correctly to stack sizes. This must be where the profit is made in these games. Like I said, against good players even my game isn't going to be that bad... but in heads up games the fish cannot school together like in full ring and dampen their mistakes. Therefore every game we get a fish, it's just easy money. The games against good players should more or less even themselves out. It's just a case of playing enough games to play through the variance. Like flopping quads.

No comments:

Post a Comment