Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 3 November 2009

The "I'm a nit and fold flushes on rivers" hand.

There's a general truth in poker; that is when you have shown extreme strength throughout a hand and your opponent raises it is nearly never a bluff. The way the hand panned out, I just felt that Villain had the flush. He never showed me so I'll never know. I put the entire hand through pokerazor (-again, if you like cash you need to get this tool it makes hand analysis much easier) and if I am right and he always has a flush here, even one weaker than mine sometimes it is correct to fold and save approx $2 on average to calling. However, put any goofy hands in his range (and remember he is likely to assume we do not have a flush given the way the hand panned out) and we have made a mistake. On the villain, he'd not been at the table long and was playing nearly half the hands. Of course I didn't attatch much weight to this as it was such a small sample. Later in the session I started seeing this player do some crazy things so I'm a little less sure now. At the time though I just thought he must have it. He didn't seem the sort of player to think of my range first before raising, more of a bet the hand in front of him type of villain. I think I made the right decision, I'll let you decide if you agree with me. Here's the hand - and I was actually getting 3/1 to call on the river. I'm a nit, I am.

Stage #1722069001: Holdem No Limit $0.10 - 2009-11-01 19:14:36 (ET)
Table: AMY'S AVE (Real Money) Seat #6 is the dealer
Seat 6 - BATTERED_SOD ($20.27 in chips)
Seat 1 - GIZZYROCK ($7.53 in chips)
Seat 3 - CRAZYDAVE01 ($11.47 in chips)
Seat 4 - KROKIRO ($20.12 in chips)
Seat 5 - JOHNBOY0603 ($3.45 in chips)
GIZZYROCK - Posts small blind $0.05
CRAZYDAVE01 - Posts big blind $0.10
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to BATTERED_SOD [7c 6c]
KROKIRO - Folds
JOHNBOY0603 - Folds
BATTERED_SOD - Raises $0.35 to $0.35
GIZZYROCK - Calls $0.30
CRAZYDAVE01 - Calls $0.25
*** FLOP *** [8c Ac 9d]
GIZZYROCK - Checks
CRAZYDAVE01 - Checks
BATTERED_SOD - Bets $0.62
GIZZYROCK - Folds
CRAZYDAVE01 - Calls $0.62
*** TURN *** [8c Ac 9d] [10s]
CRAZYDAVE01 - Checks
BATTERED_SOD - Bets $1.94
CRAZYDAVE01 - Calls $1.94
*** RIVER *** [8c Ac 9d 10s] [2c]
CRAZYDAVE01 - Checks
BATTERED_SOD - Bets $2.68
CRAZYDAVE01 - All-In(Raise) $8.56 to $8.56
BATTERED_SOD - Folds
CRAZYDAVE01 - returned ($5.88) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
CRAZYDAVE01 - Does not show
CRAZYDAVE01 Collects $10.96 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($11.53) | Rake ($0.57)
Board [8c Ac 9d 10s 2c]
Seat 1: GIZZYROCK (small blind) Folded on the FLOP
Seat 3: CRAZYDAVE01 (big blind) collected Total ($10.96) All-In HI:($10.96) [Does not show]
Seat 4: KROKIRO Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: JOHNBOY0603 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: BATTERED_SOD (dealer) Folded on the RIVER

... by the way, I ended up getting the money back anyway. After seeing this player make some dubious moves I shipped the money in with two overcards and a flush draw figuring I'd likely have fifteen outs and I was right, he called with an underpair to the entire board and I sucked out. Maybe he didn't have that flush...

No comments:

Post a Comment