Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 22 November 2009

Played two Stars MTTs

Didn't play that great, was ok until I made a pretty loose call with top two pair.
Basically I needed to think I was good about half the time to be able to call. The player had been playing most hands over a small sample passively preflop but super aggressively postflop. So I decided that he was probably shoving a big draw in other words any offsuit broadways with a club in which case my call is good. When he shows his set I puke, if he's only shoving his best hands I am crushed so still not sure how good my call is. If I put a mix of draws and big hands the call is still ok but nevermind this was the end of my tourney.
Here's the hand:
PokerStars Game #35704859462: Tournament #229010497, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2009/11/22 19:12:34 WET [2009/11/22 14:12:34 ET]
Table '229010497 478' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: udaff13 (2830 in chips)
Seat 2: Tommy C 06 (2945 in chips)
Seat 3: bycha (3020 in chips)
Seat 4: PKRisMYstar (2940 in chips)
Seat 5: Lili_Gee (2890 in chips)
Seat 6: wurmeliene (3510 in chips)
Seat 7: BigSixx34 (2065 in chips)
Seat 8: BankoBet (3630 in chips)
Seat 9: perlikano (3260 in chips)
bycha: posts small blind 15
PKRisMYstar: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BankoBet [Td Ad]
Lili_Gee: folds
wurmeliene: folds
BigSixx34: folds
BankoBet: raises 60 to 90
perlikano: folds
udaff13: calls 90
Tommy C 06: folds
bycha: folds
PKRisMYstar: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [7c Ac Tc]
PKRisMYstar: checks
BankoBet: bets 215
udaff13: folds
PKRisMYstar: raises 2635 to 2850 and is all-in
BankoBet: calls 2635
*** TURN *** [7c Ac Tc] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [7c Ac Tc 5h] [8d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PKRisMYstar: shows [7d 7s] (three of a kind, Sevens)
BankoBet: shows [Td Ad] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
PKRisMYstar collected 5985 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5985 | Rake 0
Board [7c Ac Tc 5h 8d]
Seat 1: udaff13 folded on the Flop
Seat 2: Tommy C 06 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: bycha (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: PKRisMYstar (big blind) showed [7d 7s] and won (5985) with three of a kind, Sevens
Seat 5: Lili_Gee folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: wurmeliene folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: BigSixx34 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: BankoBet showed [Td Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Tens
Seat 9: perlikano folded before Flop (didn't bet)

The other tourney went pretty terribly, I made a good read on a flop when someone shoved over my c-bet and I had the best hand but got sucked out on. Meh.
UKIPT
Pokerstars are running qualifiers for the UK and Ireland Poker Tour events so I'm going to try and qualify for live events in Manchester and Nottingham. The buy-ins for these events are 500 quid each so I'll try to invest up to 200 in the sattelites and see if I can get to play for cheap. I'd just like to have some fun in a live tournament and mix with good players. Will let you know if I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment