Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 1 November 2009

weird session

Don't think I was at the top of my game tonight. I don't think I played my best in a few hands but was saved by winning two big pots. One huge pot with a set where it was clear my two opponents had made trip jacks on the river managed to win about 45 bucks on one hand which is pretty cool... lol. Table conditions didn't seem great for stealing and consequently my graph shows I lost nearly 20 bucks in non - showdown winnings. Really disappointing. But I was able to extract showdown value by slow playing alot of hands and letting the loose aggressives make my value bets for me. One hand in particular I managed to slow play and get someones stack in as a big favourite on the turn with KK versus top pair AQ on Qxx and got sucked out on. So despite that ended the session ten dollars up. The biggest weakness tonight was that I wasn't very aggressive in many pots. I think I was giving up too easily. But there were quite a few multiway pots, hmmm. Every time I make a decision it is closely based on table conditions and the players left in the pot. Maybe I just didn't have many good stealing spots tonight. I won't complain... I made money! Will analyze the session tomorrow and if I notice anything I'll post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment