Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 6 December 2009

God I suck sometimes...

but I should try and be positive. Other than this one big mistake I played pretty well in this game. Here's the hand and I'll go through it at the end:



Ok, villain wasn't too bad but pretty loose passive preflop and a little passive on the flop. I raise k9 suited standard but decide to call the small 3-bet. This is the first mistake. Villain had only 3-bet like 5 percent of the time so far so we are pretty crushed all the time. But I decided to take a board in position for the small extra investment. On the flop I plan to give up knowing that villain could easily be checking his entire range here. On the turn I pick up the double gutter so my options are obv 1. fold, 2. call, 3. ship. Folding is ok I think but I think there's enough implied odds to fish for one of the eight outs. I don't really have time at the moment but I think I'm getting villains stack every time when one of those cards hits. I'll do the maths at some point and update this post. Shoving though, while some opponents might muck second pair or such here I don't think such a tight 3-bet range will ever fold out so I made a huge mistake getting the money in 18% to improve with little fold equity. Shite. Had played pretty well until that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment