Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 9 December 2009

hand replayer

just updated the last post now using an online hand replayer. Unfortunately it means that my poor play is now there for the world to see on a public server. Serves me right ;) Basically I'll continue to out my mistakes and use the replayer. It's much easier on the eye than wading through hand history text. Going to try and play more HUSNGs in the next few weeks - more than I've been playing recently I mean.
Preflop play
So far I've been very aggressive from the button and big blind, and I'm pretty sure this is less than optimal against the weak loose passive opponents I've been facing. We raise to build a pot with a good hand and to sometimes win the blinds. If villain is never folding the BB to a raise, this kind of negates the need to raise with our weaker hands since we have no steal equity. So against this kind of opponent I'll start limping more of my range and only raising those hands that play well versus villain's range. The same applies to BB play, there's little point in 3 betting (weak hands) if villain is never folding. We are just building a big pot with a weak hand. Against a loose passive, we also need to realise that they are level one thinkers. They just play the cards in front of them so they will not adjust well to our raises/limps. So in other words we can quite comfortably play our hand face up and this is how we extract the most money from this opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment