Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 3 December 2009

just played awfully

played a match and just wanted to berate myself on here...
Started well, I built a 5/1 chip lead and then instead of being PATIENT, I gambled after I'd let the lead slip back to 2/1. Basically I turned a second pair hand into a bluff. Now villain had been folding alot to reraises so I figured the best options were to fold or make the hand a bluff. Any passive play on my part was meeting alot of aggression from villain. So I really didn't think I could get to showdown cheaply enough. So I shipped in with second pair and got insta called by top pair decent kicker. After that I was a little tilted and ended up losing a little too easily. this is something I'll really have to learn how to control better in future. Just play each hand on it's merits and in an isolated manner and forget about previous mistakes. In this game I just gave away equity towards the end because my head wasn't in the right place. Slap on wrist. I think the fact that I'm tired is not helping me tonight. I know we shouldn't play when we are suffering from fatigue but I must if I want to play since my job demands crappy hours. Sigh. Ok, deep breath, next game.
the final bankroll strategy
Recently I've talked about a host of different approaches for bankrolling. Right now my bank is about $200 after the last game. I think I'm going to approach the problem like this. Until I reach $210 I'll keep playing $5 buy - ins. Once (if, lol) I reach $210 I'll play a $10 game and use that benchmark as my cross over point. In other words 20 + 1 buy ins for any stake. This means that I have 40 buy-ins for the 5 dollar games which I should never feasibly lose at these stakes unless I play like I did in the last game... Lol. There shouldn't be a need to ever increase this leverage since if we were to get to $420 at some point that would give us 42 buy - ins at the $5 stakes plus 22 buy - ins at $10 which is 64 and this would increase with every level we play. We just need to ensure that we move up and down at the correct time which I've always been disciplined enough to do. That is my strategy and every now and then I'll post a little summary of my recent results and current bankroll. The bankroll begins at $200...
On second thoughts I don't think I'll play any more tonight I'm really not thinking very clearly due to being awake for 16 hours. GOD, 5/1 chiplead to loser...

No comments:

Post a Comment