Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 4 December 2009

Looking at a big online winner

skilled_sox
If you get a minute, go to sharkscope and look up this player. His curve shows a pretty perfect model of how to build a bankroll. With profit currently hovering somewhere near a million dollars over 25000 games you can see how it grew exponentially over time. It also demonstrates how variance increases at higher stakes games. I picked out this player as I know this was achieved mainly in heads up sit n goes. From reading his posts and thoughts on hand histories it is clear that he is an exceptional hand reader with a thorough knowledge of equities and metagame strategy. Reading forums and such, it seems to be general consensus that anybody can beat the games up to $110 for a healthy ROI and obv profit. Only the exceptional players move beyond these levels and remain winners. I can honestly say I don't think I'll ever have the ability to challenge in the $500+ games. Still, I don't think I'm so bad that I cannot make some money playing beneath this level. To this end, I'm seriously considering joining HUSNG.com and getting a load of their videos and doing some hard study over the coming months. It has been really good being a member of cardrunners and I've learned alot from them. But they do not do many HUSNG videos which is a shame - therefore I'll likely finish my full membership there until such time as I return to the 6 - max, full ring cash games.

No comments:

Post a Comment