Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 30 December 2009

New Years Resolutions - A Plan for the Coming Year

New Pokerstars VIP system
I like the improvements, it gives better rakeback value to microstakes players. However I've done a few calculations based on game parameters that are relevant to me and the games I play. Based on achieving and mantaining silver star VIP status and taking into account the new Stellar Rewards I think the equivalent rakeback I can earn this year is roughly around 20-22%. This is assuming we use the fpps wisely when purchasing from the site shop. This is much better than the sub 15% that micros players used to have to put up with but still meagre compared to the 27% I'm getting from Absolute. So to confirm an earlier post, I shall stay with Absolute until I can equalise the rakeback value. This will likely take some time since I'd have to either play super volume (by multitabling) or up stakes, neither of which I'm ready for yet. I'd quite like to play at Stars given the lovely software, security and such but for now I need the added value so that I can continue bankroll growth. This leads me on to next subject.
I Must Not Withdraw, I Must Not Withdraw, I...
This year I have made a decent bit of money from the game but when I moved over to Absolute I cashed out a few hundred dollars accross the various sites and only uploaded $50. It was nice to have a couple hundred quid to spend but my goal from here onwards is to grow a small sum into a (hopefully) large sum of money. In order to maximise this growth this means from now on... I cannot withdraw any money from the bankroll. It currently sits around $200 and I'm not going to handicap my chance to make a decent sum by taking money from it. If, some day, I can look up at a few K and know that I've reached a ceiling in poker ability at some given stake, then maybe I'll cash out and invest elsewhere. But for the immediate future, I will never withdraw money from my poker bankroll again until I'm done with the game.
Monthly Investment Target
I intend to try and play a minimum number of tournaments/hands every month this coming year but I haven't decided on any figures yet. It's still early days in my HUSNG learning curve so I don't want to set anything unrealistic. Remember I'm still only one tabling currently to try and maximise my learning potential while I'm a member of HUSNG.com until March. Afterwards I'll prob start multitabling to up my game volume which is quite important.
Bankroll Structure
The first part of the year at least will be in heads up sngs. But I can certainly invisage me playing other games, cash or tournaments or both. My golden rule for the next year will be "up to 5%". What I mean is that I'll invest up to a maximum of 5% of the bankroll at any one time. At the moment this means I'm at the threshold of moving up to $10 HUSNGs since $10 is 5% of $200.
Conclusion
Right, so that was a lot of talk and not many resolutions to be honest. My plan can essentially be summarised as a desire to play as many games as possible within strict bankroll growth guidelines while withdrawing no money from the bankroll itself. Simpleshk.

No comments:

Post a Comment