Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 28 December 2009

Played a few more games at last...

Played fairly well tonight I think, I was working on the stuff I've learned recently from the HUSNG videos; basically playing abc and occasionally running multi - street bluffs on boards I thought were good for it. Most of it worked out but made one loose shove over a very aggressive player who called with AKo - it was very early in the game and although villain had been super aggro so far I think the AJs all - in four bet shove might have been a little loose. Another hand getting 3/2 to call I had top pair on a dodgy 822 board. Villain had been pretty passive and only betting with made hands as far as I'd made out. So putting him on any 8 or 2 I think I should have folded my 98o getting those odds. Still, otherwise, I think my game and thinking is definitely improved to a solid enough level to crush these games so hopefully it won't be too long until I reach my weird 21 buy in threshold and move up to the 10 buck games. My game feels good, I'm still learning loads, and I shall try and get through a ton of games this coming year. I'll stay with Absolute for now, and see how we get on. If you're interested in tracking the sharkscope graph look for Battered_Sod @ absolute. I'm hoping (very much) that my general intuition that I'm good enough to beat these games is correct but sharky will "out me" either way. Good luck :)
note taking
just thought I'd add this... Have been advised to develop good note taking in heads up games early on so that once we regularly play the same players our skills are good enough for it to be of benefit. The gist is that if we wait until we grind the 50s or higher and regularly come across certain players it's better if our note taking skills are well refined. The reason is because: bad notes < no notes < good notes. So tonight I practised this skill and it does feel a little alien, I need to develop a good shorthand to make it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment