Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 10 December 2009

The Road to Improvement

I clearly have much to learn. HUSNG.com is the next step I believe. I'll join for three months and devote much of that time to study. I'll try and play a minimum of two games per day and really work hard on watching as many videos as I can and create an organised folder full of notes and hands that I feel are important. One thing that's just occurred to me is that the best players seem to specialize in certain games and this is the approach I should take. I'm a decent all round poker player but not a very good one in any field. Well, it's my goal to become a very good heads - up player which should make me a very good poker player since my post flop play should excel as a result. Long term goal? To be able to beat games up to $100 and hold my own in $100+. If I can do this then there'll be a load of profit to be made. Beyond the HUSNG.com study, I may have to consider employing a coach. They cost a fair bit of money but it's basically an investment. Once I can prove that I can beat games at small/mid stakes I can then think about enrolling students of my own and getting that money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment