Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 20 December 2009

Stars 30k/11k

Played these tonight, busted in both well short of the money. Felt I played really well though, I play these super aggressively as most of the villains are Harrington clones and play really passively. A semi lag style is great for building a stack. However, it requires you to run well because people get it in light against you. For example:



My strategy for mtts in general is - I want chips and I want them quickly. I'll never fold my way into the bubble, I'd rather go out on a two street bluff trying to build enough chips to get to the f table. As I said in a previous post, we cannot concentrate on finishing position; only on winning chips.
Next hand, we have a shorty in the small blind but we cannot tighten up our raising range based on the fear of a shove. Getting 2/1+ it was easy call:



I play these tournaments for fun really, they have so many runners our chances to make decent money are small. For that reason I take the buy - ins out of my bank rather than use bankroll moneyz.

No comments:

Post a Comment