Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 16 January 2010

Frustrations...

Sigh, just played another $10.50 game and again built a big chip lead and got the money in in a dominating position AJ vs QJ and villain sucked out. So got head down and continued to work hard but villain either began to get hands or upped the aggression a little so stacks were fairly even when I flopped a gutshot straight flush draw and raised a flop lead all in. I was SNAP called with top pair weak kicker giving me about 47% equity and we didn't hit any outs. Again, I think I made some good decisions throughout this tourney and got the money in where we can't ever fold in this spot and didn't hit. So every time we seem to win enough money in the 5.25 husngs to give the 10.50s a go our luck bricks and we have to make up two buy - ins to have another go. Sigh again. Nevermind, we'll keep going and eventually hopefully hit some good cards and burn a few buy - ins into the next level. Remember that scene in Castaway where Tom Hanks can't quite get through the swell to get out to sea until he crafts a sail? That's what playing these 10.50s feels like. The sail I need is obv a good bit of luck. Will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment