Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 4 January 2010

A Game of Incomplete Information - and I'm a Fish.

Much work to be done on my game I think. I'm really trying to make the best decisions but I seem to get it wrong fairly often. Maybe that's a property of heads - up poker. In a game of incomplete information we just have to use the smallest details; the slightest timing tell or the slightest bet sizing difference to deduce a reliable range that villain could have. But sometimes they just show up with something completely different and it makes me question my judgement and ability. But I must remember we are at the very start of this learning curve and game essentially. So I will try not to worry too much about mistakes at this stage. Continue to play, continue to learn. That's all I can do, and hope it makes me play better and make better decisions in future. GL

1 comment:

  1. it's taken me 4 years of dipping in and out of the game , always because i couldnt live up to my expectations . ur attitude is spot on , gl. L4

    ReplyDelete