Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 11 January 2010

good and bad day :S

the play
not great to be honest. First game played the 10.50 and it didn't go that well, I think I made a loose call in a big pot with top pair (ace) and ran into a set. My kicker was bad, villain was very quick with his shove and it was hard to see a weaker hand other than a complete bluff shoving on that board and I didn't have him as a bluffy player. Bad call, even though we were getting 2/1 with top pair. He only ever does this with Ax+ I'm sure so we suck sigh. Then a couple hands later at 30bb deep I was insta reshoved after raising 3x with A7o and should have folded but made a frustrated call and I was dominated. Again, rash play. I'll never beat these games until I eradicate these leaks. But oh well, I'm learning from these mistakes I think - we'll get there. I'm determined we will :)
the learning
learned some great stuff tonight from a video I watched at HUSNG.com. Sometimes when watching a vid I have a mini epiphany and something makes sense for the first time. I kind of had one of those moments tonight. It's based on the transparency of a villain's range and turning our hand into a bluff. Really interesting stuff. I'd always thought that doing that (turning our hand into a bluff) was bad. But I guess as with most other things, there will always be exceptions. Another lesson learned :) Shame that my game is not up to speed with my understanding of the game. Maybe my decision making skills are poor. Meh, will continue to play and hope I start to remove the errors from my game. I HATE being a break even player at these stakes. I WILL BEAT THESE GAMES!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We'd like your help in beta testing our new online poker stats website. If you're interested, please send an email to either blogger@pokeroptimizer.com or beta_central@pokeroptimizer.com telling us your name and blog site, and we'll provide you with a testing account.

    Thank you.


    The PokerOptimizer Team

    ReplyDelete