Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 21 January 2010

Hey

Just realised that I missed out on a bonus on pokerstars. I read somewhere that all the extra bonuses they offer during the year makes up for the smaller rakeback deal for micro/lowstakes players. Shame, although the competition is probably generally stronger than Absolute it would be nice to play there. I'll continue with Absolute for now and maybe move over later in the year. I'll need to prove that I can beat these softer games first I suppose.
Learning is going well, still seem to be picking stuff up which is hopefully going to help me to become a winner. I'm encourage by some HUSNG blogs written by a couple of players who are a little ahead of me in their development. Looking back over the last few months of posts shows them starting off in the games I'm in currently and quickly moving through the limits as their knowledge and skill has improved. Their statistics show them to be able to beat higher stakes games with ROI of 10% sometimes. This is an amazing return on investment. If I can achieve anything close to this it would something I'd be immensely proud of. Of course they have been able to put in alot more volume than me and I cannot even beat the $5 games yet. So there's still much to be done at my end. GL, and GG.

No comments:

Post a Comment