Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 30 January 2010

No posts for a while

Have been busy with work and other non-poker life. Played three games tonight, 2/1 down unfortunately. First player was pretty crazy, was reraising me from big blind 70% of the time. The sample was pretty small but it was becoming clear his range was pretty wide for doing this so I shoved with AJo (over his reraise) and got called by QQ. It's quite possible that villain was getting alot of good cards and that I got it in light here, but after villain had reraised the last 4/5 hands in a row I think that my shove is standard. The most recent two games were against the same player. Unfortunately for me his all round game seemed to be pretty strong. I was pretty much holding my own but lost the first game to a cooler and the second he seemed to up the aggression and I conceded a smallish chip lead and the blinds got pretty high, then I got it in as favourite but lost. I'll try to avoid that player in future. I'm certain he can't play optimally since he's in the $5s but there are better opponents out there. Sorry if these recent posts have been mediocre without much other than results etc I'll try and post something interesting if I think of it in the next few days. GL all

No comments:

Post a Comment