Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 15 February 2010

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggh!! - lol

ok needed to let off some tilt, I decided to play one more game after the last post. Opponent was very loose passive. He played his hands face up yet I still managed to lose. Now the comforting fact is that it's poker and I'm never a big favourite over any player. However, I think my equity in this case was probably around 65 - 70% to win since he was soooo straight forward. I could narrow his ranges so accurately very quickly in each and every hand and twice managed to build up a 3/1 chip lead. The first time I got it in AK vs JJ and lost the flip, so I value bet my way into another lead and then made big mistakes in two pots to gift back the chip lead. The frustrating thing was that I changed my strategy on the fly and played a big pot with second pair - pretty recklessly based on the line I took - and also bluffed a pot with merely an open ended straight draw when again, I didn't need to build the pot due to stack sizes (if we'd hit we'd have won the match) and had no fold equity anyway. When looking back, I think I should just have stuck to my game plan - and so my crime was lack of patience. This is such a huge leak of mine, and one I must correct as soon as possible. There is every chance if I hadn't spewed these few hundred chips I'd have got the win I deserved with my early game play. Oh well, there's still tons of videos I haven't watched on HUSNG.com and I'll get to it right away. Tilt post over :)

1 comment:

  1. ahh yes, patience......that is why i stopped playing HUSNG . gl, adam

    ReplyDelete