Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 19 February 2010

How'd the new style fare?

Well, up 2/1 tonight. The game I lost I got the money in chip lead + fave and bricked. The style doesn't feel natural, limping so much preflop feels weak to someone who is so used to preflop aggression. However, I've no doubt about this style's affectiveness; we're basically exaggerating our post flop edge I feel, and while in general we're winning smaller pots we're also not having to get the chips in so marginally. It's a totally diff mindset from being the betting leader. When I'm playing my normal style, I'll be reading boards for good c-betting opportunities, or multi-barrel bluffs etc. When we limp in, we're not continuation betting any more, just stabbing on dry boards and the rest of the time, instead of representing a range of hands we're trying to calculate villain's range of hands. I loved this new approach tonight, and the new way of thinking. And despite hardly ever raising, villains were still quite happy to call big raises when I had my preflop monsters. Easy game, lol. I think I'll continue with this style as it will help with my hand reading no end. Once I'm used to it, I'll then have two approaches that I can call on at will during play. I may even mix it up and use both gears against the better opponents. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment