Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 26 February 2010

More on Rush. Strategy?

It's so easy to get lost in Rush, just play for endless hours... Well, tonight the games seemed extraordinarily nitty. I don't know if this is a typical characteristic but I was able to raise any two cards from the hijack through to the small blind and win the blinds a crazy amount of the time. It was ridiculooous. I made like $5 in just blind stealing over 500 or so hands. Unfortunately I ran like shite in the cards/showdown department. I'm not bothered, two hands I committed the stack as huge favourite and got sucked out on. I honestly don't care when that happens, I know my equity is good. The only thing that annoys me about poker is that I get outplayed way too much for my liking. But I've improved... The day will come when I can hold my own. It's coming... I can feel it coming in the air tonight...
for those who play rush, I wouldn't be afraid to loosen up a little, at least from the Hijack, cutoff, button and small blind. So many players just click the quickfold button it's just way too easy to steal the blinds. If you can do this and more or less breakeven with the money you win/lose from the blinds, then all you need to do is get value from your hands and you'll make tons of money. It's this simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment