Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 27 February 2010

Playing plan for the coming weeks

I'm in the process of shifting my Absolute roll over to Full Tilt. Have won decent money, grew a $50 deposit into $300 over the course of a few weeks. I'm going to top up to $500 and play the $22+1 HUSNGs and two table so that I can achieve 8 games per day and therefore achieve bronze or silver ironman status every month. If I have a bad month I'll top up to $500 again with disposable income. The point of doing this is so that I have targets, and that I am motivated to meet them. I don't expect I'll be a winning player but the more post flop poker I play with what I know, the better I think I'll get. It's all about playing volume from now onwards and hopefully I'll be slightly better than break-even. Playing 20-25 days (8/day) will be 160-200 games per month which will yield $43 - $54 of rakeback every month. I'll invest ftps in 600ftp sngs to win $26 tournament tokens that I'll either use to play mtts or cash in depending on my mood. I'll use Ironman medals to buy up more $26 tokens. So this is where my focus shifts from study to actual playing hours. Wish me luck! :)
Strategy?
I'm still mixed about this. Preflop raises at the first couple of levels produces stack to pot ratios that are not ideal for pairs, I think this is a good reason why the limp stab style is so effective early on. But when we get shorter, I think switching styles to play more aggressively would def pay off, esp since we'd have cultivated a passive image by then and prob win several sets of blinds pretty quickly until villain adjusts. For the first two levels, then, I'll limp every hand (including big pairs) and play poker post flop. After this, 2.5x raises will give a good pot size for committing with top pair or big draws. I'll let you know how I get on, but try and keep results posts to a minimum except maybe a weekly update, and if I have anything else interesting to discuss, or any individual hands I'll post them too. GL

2 comments: