Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 25 February 2010

rush...

ok there's been alot said about this new game recently and I won't say much more. But what a nit's paradise huh? I started out pretty poorly, I was still in heads-up mode and not used to the playing dynamics. I played too loosely and bleeded chips. But thankfully for me I tightened up and got my poker head on. Most pleased with the following hand. Snap called the river with second pair because his line was FOS.

Pretty gutted that I spewed off chips with bluffs now because I've pretty much realised that showdown equity is the way to make money in rush. Make sure you bluff rarely, and only in small pots. The rest of the time hand read well, and play ABC. I don't want to start playing cash again full time, I have improved so much in HUSNGs that I'll stick with those as my main game but rush will be a nice way to entertain myself for an hour or two now and then. GL

2 comments:

  1. lmao, watch out its addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah got that idea, played 400 hands in an hour 1-tabling. I used to have to 4 table to get through the same volume. Multitabling you could easily do 30k hands in a weekend. That's just atrociously good value if you can beat the games. I can certainly see why the regs are enjoying the game. Won't be long until Stars follows suit methinks

    ReplyDelete