Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 24 February 2010

shi**y couple of days play

Got totally run over in a few of the games. Concentrating really hard on board texture and villain tendencies and I'm so sure I was making decent decisions, but it just feels like I've become completely tight passive. I've really tried to reign in the bluffs since I tend to do it too much but I still run a couple on occasion when the boards seem dryish or are paired, but keep running into hands when I do. It's just so difficult when the flops keep coming connected and suited and we have hands without any equity. When I do occasionally c-bet these boards it's just a waste of chips since I always get called on them. So I end up blinding away, but all the time I'm just trying to make the best decision available, and the one I think will make me the most (or lose me the least) chips at the time. Just so frustrating when you reraise a calling station with AA, commit yourself by betting a third of your stack on the flop, shove the turn and find he was playing 72o and called the flop with bottom pair only to two pair up on the turn. Disgusting play! Anyway, I'm looking to invest in flopzilla so that I can do some more work on flops and how various hands hit them, and otherwise improve my strategy for this v. important HUSNG street.

2 comments:

  1. you will find meteoric poker on my blog roll , regards. adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read a few posts, he certainly seems like a winner. The results certainly look good at this stage don't they? It may be an upswing at the moment but he's correct that 10% ROI is achievable at microstakes. It's quite common to win or lose a few buy-ins in a row... and that can be quite tilting to be honest. I'll continue to follow his blog and track his progress. Thanks for the 'heads-up' (sorry). GL :)

    ReplyDelete