Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 3 February 2010

Timing Tells

This is something I've posted about before, but it's amazing how effective these are in HUSNGs. I try to disguise my own actions by waiting 3/4 seconds before acting but the vast majority of opponents do not do this. It's not something I'm really accomplished at but over the next month (other than study HUSNG videos) I'm going to obsessively memorise any tips from any piece of literature about this I can find (and there are tons of articles online if you search for them). Anything that can help us to define villain's range will give us a big edge in these games. The tells I'm currently looking for are these:
preflop
- a quick 3-bet is usually strong. Often however the idiots in the games I play will insta min 3-bet so not only are they turning their hand face up often, they are giving me the implied odds to call and drill a flop.
flop
- instant call of c-bet is usually weak
- instant check from bb is usually weak
- insta c-bet is usually a premeditated action and his range will contain loads of air.
river
- quick river bet is often a bluff
general
- fast bets are usually weighted towards bluffs
- slow bets are usually weighted towards made hands
- a delayed check is often someone considering a bluff but thinking better of it and therefore often a weak holding
These are but a few, and I'm sure I'll learn many more in the weeks to come. The other major tell is bet sizing but I'll leave learning about this until after the timing tells have become second nature. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment