Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 1 February 2010

Tonight

3/3 again. Good points: I seem to be consistently (overall) earning myself big chip leads through exploitation and decent hand reading. I truly believe that this is where heads - up SNG profit lies. If we can out think our opponents and consistently build a chip lead in the games, this is constant solid profit. I'm convinced this is how the professional HUSNG players make the money.
Bad points: I'm running as good as Usain at the moment. I class it as a bad point because this distorts the true picture of my current game skill. I THINK that I am playing well and doing lots of things right, but I also admit that I'm hitting some good flops and generally winning the majority of coin flips overall. Anyway, I'll enjoy riding the crest in readiness for the inevitable drop.
A huge positive is that recently I don't remember making any huge spewey plays. A couple of times tonight I was itching to call but I felt villain would make big mistakes later on in the game and these decisions were close so I folded. And obv I was proved correct in these instants as I went on to win the games. I also haven't made any crazy shoves for a while. I think this is as a result of my increased awareness of balance. EG when out of position I'm not just check jamming draws as I used to, but check calling as I would with top pair or a slow played set. In other words I'm trying to keep my range untransparent and keep the opponent guessing. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment