Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 21 February 2010

Tonight

0/2. First villain was super aggressive calling station - if that makes any sense. Unfortunately the only way to play these villains who never fold and keep mashing potpotpotpot is call down lightly. I value towned myself a couple of times unfortunately with second pair type hands and then lost a flip at the end. Frustrating opponent to play. There's no finesse, no thinking just constant aggression and even when we try and play back they won't fold. Frustrations, it's a shame because just one hand is all that you need to stack players like this. Never mind. Next game I lost through stupidity really. Again villain was aggressive but his play was overall a much better quality and we had a good little battle which I enjoyed much more. I made a mistake though by calling a large bet - I had top pair and the only hands he could really have were a set or bluff. So I called and he had a set. I could probably have been more patient as while he wasn't as terrible as villain 1 there was still plenty of leaky play there to exploit. Oh well, that's all for tonight. I'll only tilt if I play any more now. I think I've reached a point of understanding thanks to HUSNG.com where I should probably look to grind games for a few months now. If I'm still terrible at the end of it I can look for coaching to address any remainding leaks.
Daily minimum playing reqs
So, if I'm going to get through some games I'll try and figure out a realistic goal. I think I could currently play min 6 games a day if I continue to single table. So I should target 180 games a month. I'll look for some positive ROI at the $10.50s over 500 matches or so before I even consider moving up in stakes. So I'll be hanging around these tens for a while yet by all likelihood.

No comments:

Post a Comment