Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 2 February 2010

WSD and WWSF

Been looking over my stats so far. WSD is won at showdown % and WWSF is won when saw flop %. The first figure tells me how often I win the hand when I go to showdown. In other words it's a reflection on my hand reading skills. So far I have 56% which I'm very happy with. I have no real benchmarks with which to compare this other than my cash game results where the % was smaller at around 53-54%. The second stat tells me how many times I win after we see the flop. I think I remember posting before that in cash this % hovered around 46% so I was probably giving up too much on the flop and playing too hit or miss. In HUSNGs however, this now stands at a very healthy 55%. I think that having two good figures like this for these two key stats is really where my ROI is coming from. As we rise through the limits and come across more aggressive players I'd expect both figures to drop -obviously- but hopefully we can maintain a 50%+ figure for both. GL

2 comments:

  1. Have a ganders at this.......

    http://jhub3000.livejournal.com/84368.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, it's a good article. I really liked the paragraph about table selection and the part proving that it can be better to play a lower stake for higher hourly. If this was in any way a "Simon don't be thick, you've only played 100 games don't move up just yet..." hint I completely agree with you. It's far too small a game sample to have an accurate ROI figure. But that's just one of the pieces of evidence I'm using to justify the decision. The other being that the fish pool in HU is huge. I'll move up to the $10s in a few more games. If anything I'm hoping that I get a downswing at the tens so that it takes me a few hundred games at that limit to move back into +ROI again - which is my goal before moving up to the $20s. By the way, just my opinion, I think game selection is just as important as table selection and that HUSNG EV > FRSNG EV. This in itself lends these games smaller long term variance. Sorry I didn't comment on your new blog for a while for some reason I didn't notice that you'd posted! :)

    ReplyDelete