Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 17 March 2010

Capped Multis

As well as continuing my HU volume was thinking about adding in a few capped mtts as well so that I improve this part of my game. My post flop play is improving but at FR I still spew in far too many spots. Plus recently I've seen some very positive results from regular players in these games. No idea on bankroll requirements though, I guess if I use 100 buy-ins that should be enough. That means that I can play up to $5 mtts so I'll probably settle for the $2.25 180 man tourneys on Full Tilt. Got a day off tomorrow so will likely play a few and see how I get on. If I two table I should be able to keep up a HU game and have one or two 180s going in the background. Will aim for 20-30% ROI in these but this may be optimistic as I suck at poker. Will post again tomorrow evening with the results from the day's play. I must also dig out a table I found once, which had some equilibrium push fold solution for a FR table based on chip EV. I think that for EP or MP at least it's probably close to the best strategy to use at low stacks/high blinds. In late position we can use player reads to guesstimate good ranges but before that, the data becomes a little large and it's probably best just to play nash. Ok, GL, and wish me luck in these donkaments.

2 comments:

  1. i hv an eye on the 180's myself. best of lk , adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll follow your progress. U seem to be pwning the games you're in at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete