Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 4 March 2010

A few games today

My first effort at cashing out from Absolute via moneybookers failed, so Im running on $70 bankroll on FT currently. Until those funds have cleared and since I dont want to burn through that roll and have to deposit some more, this week (or until I have that money in FT) Im going to stick to the $5s. Im still single tabling while I get used to the site and my new strategy which is based on creating a good pot size preflop. At the first two levels I like to play deep stacked poker in order to get good value from made hands when we flop or turn them. So I mostly limp. But at the third level (20/40) we can raise 2x, 2.5x or 3x the BB and post flop we can easily commit our stack pretty often with decent hands and not be making a large mathematical mistake when we do, as long as we have the sort of villain that will get it in light (common at low stakes HUSNGs). So well often limp first two levels then suddenly ramp up the aggression, which aside from winning plenty of pots when the blinds are large enough that they matter will also often throw opponents totally off guard. I really like the style and think this will work the best for me once Ive mastered it. You can really make alot of chips in the middle levels this way ready for the end game.
The only mistakes I made really today came in pots where I deviated from the above strategy by limping at the third level, flopping top pair and playing too big a pot against a better hand. The style I describe minimizes the number of times this happens. However, great hand readers could prob have got away from these spots anyway but I couldnt find the fold button at the time. Im such a calling station.
Anyway, played 11 won 7 at the fives so far. Will continue to let you know how it goes. GL
By the way... the rematch option is brilliant. Really helps you to begin to work your villain out so we can make the best decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment