Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 18 March 2010

Good Evening

HU matches been going well today. Unfortunately I didn't cash in any mtts. To begin with, I made a couple of loose plays, a hang over from my long run of HU play I think. But later on my cash game schooling kicked in and my play improved. The players are so bad in these $2 mtts. I quickly realised that playing a nitty style would be the way to maximise expectation. In other words, play tight out of position and a little looser in position but not too much. Oh yeah, for those that have read my recent posts where I talked about position I just want to clarify this: I was talking about HU in those discussions. As far as table position in FR goes, I think it's supremely important. Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. In FR you have to use hand ranges that fare well versus the likely combination of hand ranges you run into. Raising any two cards under the gun is awful because there's a very high probability that you'll run into a strong distribution of hands from one of the players in front of you. In heads-up it's vastly different because you're pitting your hand against a random one. I'll likely continue with the mtts as I'm only risking $2 a time and I can basically autopilot a tight aggressive style and that should be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment