Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 27 March 2010

Played some HUSNGs

I began the evening with 3 FRSNGs and didn't cash, although I think my ICM decisions were mostly good. After that I fancied playing some post flop poker so I started two tabling HUSNG and continued to play for 5 or so hours. I finished with ROI of 5% over the session and I'm pleased with that result. I played some hands horribly, but some hands pretty well too. I was suprised to see that I played 48 games. This has to be the most I've ever played in a day by far! I didn't know how I'd cope with two tables - this is the first time I've tried - but I think I did well overall and don't think it affected my overall play too much. So from now on I'll play two tables as a minimum. If I can start playing 250+ games a week then I'll soon start clocking some serious mileage in terms of volume. For this reason I think that I'll return to playing HUSNG for a while. I still harbour ambitions of crushing FRSNG, but since HUSNG ROI is generally higher and games per hour much higher I think I should concentrate on these for now. If I target 1000 matches/month then if I can achieve somewhere between 50c - $1.00 per game then I'll be making some good money.

2 comments:

  1. How did your hourly rate compare when you were two tabling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, unforunately both samples are really small. But as you'd expect, ROI is less while playing two tables - over the sample it dropped by about half, so hourly was about the same. I'll actually post about this in the future when I have more data. I am a big believer in volume though, and I think I'll pursue the two table strategy for this reason, unless I've been running like God so far and in future get found out. My overall feeling is that I can play two tables comfortably without getting too bogged down with decisions. It has made me tighten up though so I expect this will impact my overall ROI.

    ReplyDelete