Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 31 March 2010

Something that really bugs me....

is the people who use the term bumhunter. I've posted before about this. Don't these people understand that winning at poker is about making the highest EV play? This does not just mean during a game, it should also apply in a macro sense too. Table selection is just making the best macro play available to you. It can be measured in EV just like play during a hand can. I can certainly understand the argument that if you want to be considered the best player you need to beat the best. Most of the targets of the bumhunter abuse are not in this category, they are just in poker for the right reason - to make money! Rant over, I guess I should be grateful that this sort of thinking exists in poker... it shows that there are still people out there who don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment