Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 5 March 2010

Two Examples of Multiple Level Thinking

Getting it Wrong
Played this villain last night. Second game in, he was adapting to my play and therefore I tagged him thinking player. In this pot, I get pwned. First the hand:

Firstly, what hands is he likely to be doing this with? I just didnt think that two pair or a set would play the hand this quickly. An overbet shove at these stakes usually wants a fold. So with this in mind I thought flush draw, combo draw or straight draws would make up a huge part of his range. Id expect the monsters to raise smaller or flat for deception. So he basically figured me for a jack and assumed that Id call thinking him likely to have a draw. So I was beaten, fair and square.
Getting it Right

Similar sort of situation. Another large overbet shove. But this time I didnt think my opponent was very good. Ive taken a weak looking line and I dont think villain would ever play a made hand this way (hed previously showndown with a turned flush trying to slow play and missed two streets value). So I correctly interpreted this as an effort to blow me out of the pot with a weak hand.
This is the part of the game that I love, but Im still a rank beginner. But its fun getting involved and I love being right. Just a shame there are better thinkers out there... I must work on outthinking the thinkers :) GL

No comments:

Post a Comment