Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 29 March 2010

What do you do?

Frustrating few games. About break even, last player was a massive fish but I got pwned over four matches. So frustrating at the time. I found myself getting wound up, which is not a good state of mind to be in. 5 mins after the games and I'm fine, but I just didn't want to let the fish go as I felt I had an edge. The trouble is, the more I got beat on the less optimally I played so the truth is I prob didn't have an edge by the 4th match, I should have left after the third loss. So let this be a lesson... if I ever lose 3 matches versus a villain and feel it's making me play less than my A game I need to refuse a rematch. It wasn't like his style was easy to play against either, every bet was pot or more and he was so aggressive. Every time I decided to play bluff catcher I was wrong. My feeling is that he was a calling station that was on a heater; whereas I couldn't hit the floor if I fell over. Sigh. Still, we didn't lose on the session so I shouldn't worry too much. And I've created a villain stop loss rule that shouldn't handicap me at these stakes where there are plenty more fish to choose from. Tilt control is one of my stronger points but frustration gets the better of me sometimes. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment