Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 5 April 2010

Played some MTTs Today

I don't often play large field tournaments, mainly due to time constraints. But I do like the 2-20 table SNGs. There's a lot of players making good money in these. I do not know correct strategy but from what I've seen during play it seems to pay to just play tight poker and value bet made hands. According to my HUD I was playing a 16/13 style which is pretty nitty. But in games where there is little steal equity this is correct. Villains just don't seem to like folding. Anyway I just fancied a break from HU for an evening, and they're quite easy to play as most decisions are automatic. Since I'm trying to improve my all round game I might try and look for some vids on correct strategy and play a few hundred on top of my HUSNG schedule. I'm really hoping my results improve soon but I know I've still got loads to learn. By the way, if anyone has any links or advice on these games I'd be v. interested to hear it. Thanks, and GL

EDIT: Really enjoyed playing this evening. I was concentrating on playing the $2.25 27 man SNGs. I'm pretty overrolled for these but I've decided to be extra cautious with my bankroll while on the downswing. Anyway, I particularly enjoy these games because we can final table nearly 40% of the time by my estimation. So we'll often have some really interesting bubble spots where our maths knowledge should give us a massive edge. I was four tabling and much of the time didn't have many decisions to make so I reckon I could sneak in two more tables without compromising my play too much. Overall I don't think hourly is going to be as good as HUSNG but right now I'm just interested in becoming a winning player so that's not so important to me. I just learned a pretty important concept too:
Players tend to have a bluff frequency in terms of streets. Some players only ever one street bluff; in fact most players probably. This is why floating is so profitable. Other players often barrel twice and then give up - you usually find these types of player playing the small to mid stakes games. Then you have the super aggressive players who are not afraid of bluffing three streets. The point is, at micro stakes we can often float a street or two with marginal hands and then our opponent will pretty much tell us what they have by their play on later streets. If a villain makes a stab at a really dry board and we have overcards, say; don't be afraid of calling to see what he does next. Often he'll just be full of shit and he'll check the next street allowing us to take the pot. It's rare at microstakes for any player to three street bluff. I can't believe it's taken me three years to learn this to be honest as it's pretty fucking obvious lol. Anyway, GL

No comments:

Post a Comment