Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 31 May 2010

The Amazing Invention of RUSH

Of course, Full Tilt invented the game so that they could get more rake from the punters. However, for those of us with limited time but enthusiasm for the game I think that Rush is an unbelievably powerful invention. Last month I played 50000 hands. This is as much experience as I'd gained over 6 months of playing cash games last year. It has transformed my outlook. We all know that the little 5K - 10K hand downswings happen pretty often; In the past I'd be pretty demoralised after playing for a month and being break even or worse. Now I can just get my head down and play through the smaller swings within a day. So when I posted previously about spewing four buy-ins, I just played 2K more hands yesterday and won it all back. This morning I've made a nice 10 bucks profit. Rush has made winning money at poker a possibility for me. Once we get to decent stakes I'm not that sure how profitable it will be with all the regulars, but I know for certain that at micro stakes games Rush is the place that every new player should begin. I don't know why but I always feel motivated with putting in volume at Rush, this has never been the case with other game formats before.
This morning for what ever reason I played a little looser than usual. I ran at about 15/13 which is standard TAG stats for full ring. Usually I play on the nitty side at around 12/11. Still, I felt I played really well. My showdown number is still hovering around 27% but I really have trouble folding in some spots. Often I'm right and I've read the hand correctly but there are still occasions where I think, d'oh that was obv a fold. More work needed, but I think I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment